Tuesday, July 24, 2012

An Outfit With a Story

My friend Jaycee just moved to Regina so I decided to give her a bit of a tour. I took her to a fav ice cream spot, Milky Way. YUM!!!  After ice cream we ended up downtown for some photos.  And since I started to realize SO many of my photos lately were taken with a park or field in the background making it seem like maybe I live in the middle of nowhere, I thought this was the perfect place.  Regina is a city, it's actually the capital of Saskatchewan.  So here I am, in downtown Regina! Buildings and construction creating somewhat of a concrete jungle. 

OK, so here is the rundown on this outfit: For our ice cream adventure I wore a maxi I found when vacationing in Mexico years ago, the first one I ever bought.  It has to be my favorite maxi.  I topped it with Jaycee's vest (which she converted from a dress to a vest, how cool).  I am also totally in the mood for stacking bracelets. Here I'm wearing one of my new favs, the love bracelet.  What a great find!  This green backpack is SO special to me.  I couldn't find it for the longest time until this weekend.  Years ago when my dad was visiting Korea he bought my mom and I leather bags.  Mine was this backpack and my moms was a small brown handbag.  At the time they probably weren't one of our favorite pieces.  We both put them away for safe keeping.  Now I LOVE the bag.  Needless to say, this whole outfit has a story...different pieces from around the world to create one great look!  Do you have pieces you collaborate from around the world into one great look?

Photos by Jaycee Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment