Friday, July 12, 2013

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Hi lovelies!  I am so excited to share with you my favourite muffin recipe, banana chocolate chip!  As a kid I always enjoyed when my parents would make these muffins for my brother and I for breakfast on the odd occasion.  It was always such a treat.  Now I want to share it with you.  I've modified this recipe which was originally from Company's Coming- Muffins and More.  I hope you are able to try out this fantastic recipe at home and enjoy these delicious muffins!

What you'll need:
All purpose flour- 1 3/4 cups
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Baking powder- 3 tsp.
Semi-sweet chocolate chips- 1/2 cup

Egg- 1
Coconut oil- 1/4 cup
Skim milk- 1/4 cup
Mashed bananas- 1 cup

Instructions: Mix the first four ingredients together.  After melting the coconut oil and beating the egg add in last four ingredients and stir.  Place the mixed ingredients into a muffin pan, each cup 3/4 full. Bake in the oven at 400 F for 17-20 minutes until muffins are browned.  Let cool and enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Company's Coming- Muffins & More by Jean Pare. (Fourth Edition July 1985)

Happy Weekend, 

No comments:

Post a Comment