Friday, August 8, 2014

Dirty Laundry

Hey lovelies!  We are changing things up today on the blog with a lifestyle post--hope you enjoy!  While I was on a leave from the blog, I took a spontaneous trip to visit one of my best girlfriend's in Kelowna, BC.  Growing up, Kelowna was somewhat of a second home to me as my grandparents lived there.  We often spent a lot of time there during the summer and winter months.  If you've never been, I'd highly recommend visiting.  It's an extremely breathtaking city with a nice relaxed vibe.  There are a lot of great things to do there from water sports to shopping to skiing in the mountains to golfing to some extremely tasty dining.  One of my favourite things to do there is visit the beautiful wineries.  Fortunately, my girlfriend Victoria took me out to the beautiful Dirty Laundry Vineyard in Summerland (a short drive from Kelowna) for some wine tasting and some breathtaking views.  This winery has quite the background story -- an entrepreneur of the early 1900's decided to start up a laundry matt which was also secretly a brothel. That's how the winery got it's name & theme. If you're ever in the area, I would definitely recommend checking out this winery.  With it's corky theme it sets itself out from the others.  Here are a few snaps Victoria and I took while visiting the winery.
Have a fabulous weekend, 
XO, 
Sare

No comments:

Post a Comment