Friday, October 5, 2012

Thankful


Happy Thanksgiving Weekend to all you Canadians out there.  I can barely wait to go home for the weekend and spend time with friends and family while enjoying delicious food! But food isn't all that Thanksgiving is about, it's about being thankful and appreciating what you have.  Even if you've had a bad day or bad year there is always something to be thankful for. I know it's difficult to always remember that, after a breakup or rough day at work you may think more negatively then positively.  You may be curious to know why I'm stressing this topic so much and here's why...over the past year and a half my family has been hit with so many obstacles which were devastating & life altering.  Before this time I don't think I appreciated just what I had.  I never found myself truly thankful for what really mattered in life and found myself constantly stressing about minor obstacles.  In no way am I happy about these obstacles, they still hurt my heart to this day, but I have definitely grown as a person.  I truly have learned to count my blessings.  I am so lucky to wake up every morning in this beautiful city, with my health and mobility, with the opportunities that I have and to be able to enjoy them with the most wonderful people I call my friends & family.  I would just like to say I am, from the bottom of my heart, truly blessed and so thankful for the life I lead.  

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment